Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Brain dump...

Here are my random thoughts for the week:

-Running - I have never been a runner, but recently have gotten on an exercise kick and LOVE to run...well jog really. I go to the YMCA to walk on the treadmill and end up jogging most of the time. It is such a great release of energy and just makes me feel good.

-Zumba - I am still doing Zumba and loving it! I had to miss several classes last week while we were in Atlanta and I was craving it. Also, I went yesterday and we had a substitute teacher and it was NOT the same. The regular teacher is awesome, and I had never been to a class without her until yesterday. I still got a good workout, but I realized that the teacher makes a huge difference!

-Fall - I am craving all things fall - clothes, weather, colors, leaves, etc. My car read 100 degrees today, and it is awful! I am so ready to get out my Frye boots and sweaters and go play outside with Hawkins!

-Clothes - I haven't gotten into any of the clothing trends since fall of 2009 - seriously. That is when I got pregnant and wore maternity clothes for the next year. Then I had a baby and couldn't wear any normal clothes, so I just couldn't bring myself to buy cute nice clothes. Now my body is finally getting back to normal (but still 15 lbs to lose) and I am excited about buying some new fall outfits! I just ordered a chunky sweater turtleneck and a black pair of skinny pants from Jcrew. They came in the mail today and I can't wait to wear them!

-Organization - I have really been getting into organizing lately. I wrote a post about my new Erin Condren planner, and I am obsessed with it. I take it with me everywhere even though it is pretty heavy. I also created a home organization notebook that is totally nerdy, but I love it. I got both of these ideas from the Blue-Eyed Bride. I had been feeling anxious and not getting anything accomplished and now I am a new person. I have our menu planned for the week and a to-do list for each day. I am getting so much more done and feeling satisfied at the end of the day. It is a wonderful feeling!

-Baby fever - I get a flutter of baby fever every once and a while. Robbie is dying to have another baby right now, but Mama is not quite ready yet. Soon though. I do finally feel like I have this SAHM thing down. I can handle it. I can leave the house multiple times a day with success and without meltdown from me or from Hawkins :) I selfishly don't want to rock the boat...we have such a good routine going, but I also think I could handle 2 babies once we would be out of the newborn phase. We shall see...

That's it for now. Have a good week!

1 comment:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

I am so mad that I missed the plum deal on the planner. I want one sooo badly but think Santa may have to bring that one. Can you please just email me a pdf of you home planner so I can get moving. I have the best intentions but something (blogs??) keeps me in the chair! Congrats on the running. I've been too chicken to try zumba just yet!

**oh- re:ADPi- am the recruitment advisor at GT. Being there for rush was so much fun, esp since only 600 girls go through, compared to the 1800 at UGA!**