Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ahhh....

I would like to report that I got my first full nights sleep WITHOUT the help of medicine in over 2 weeks! It was glorious!

I am treating myself like Hawkins and trying to "wear myself out" during the day so that I am exhausted by bedtime. Well, yesterday it worked. Robbie had to travel out of the state for work, so he left the house before 6am and did not get home until almost 7pm. I am so used to him helping me before and after work with Hawkins!

I started out my day at 6:30am making cheesestraws (which takes me 3 hours with Hawkins running around), then made a Publix run after lunch, then went to Zumba in the afternoon, and THEN washed and dried my hair, which we all know is a workout itself.

As 9pm approached, my body gave out. I was so tired that my muscles ached. I felt confident about falling asleep, so I tried to give it a go without any meds. It worked! I woke up a few times in the night, but quickly fell back asleep and slept all the way to 7AM - that is a miracle. I usually wake up at 6 or before WITH ambien. Hawkins is sleeping now and I am not even laying down for a rest.

This gives me hope that I can get back in my routine and put the medication on the shelf.

Hawkins went to school this morning and did GREAT. He is getting better and better. I dropped him off and then went to treat myself to a pedicure. This is a rarity these days since I have cut them from our budget, but I splurged.

I go get him from school early b/c he still takes a nap and usually he is already tired and crying by the time I get there, but today he was happily playing in his classroom with the kitchen set. He didn't see me, so I let him play another 10 or 15 minutes before I got him. He has gone from taking his morning nap at 9:30am all the way to 10:30am and it has made a huge difference. He can stay longer at school and not get so cranky.

Go Hawkins!

No comments: