Thursday, August 11, 2011

school school school


...is not going so well. This was Hawkins on his first day of school. He was not this happy when he actually got to school :)

I was hesitant from the get-so because Hawkins still takes (and loves) a morning nap. He has never been a great napper, but for the past few months he will sleep an hour and a half to 2 hours in the morning. I picked him up early the first 2 days and he was a crying mess when I got there - just so tired! It is also a new experience for him to be in that environment, so it's all a big adjustment.

I am not sure what to do now. Pick him up early so he can take his nap at home? Leave him and let him figure it out? It will be great in a few months when he goes to one nap a day on his own, but it will a struggle until then.

Good thing he is so stinkin cute!

1 comment:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

I am with you all the way. We have the same challenge with MOPS. She is a mess when she's tired. I know I will miss that morning nap but there are days I can't wait for that freedom! Hoping it starts to go better for you!