Monday, August 15, 2011

Zumba

Have you heard of the new workout craze? It was even on the Today show. Zumba! I had heard of it, but didn't think my tiny town would have it. Low and behold our local YMCA has Zumba classes several days a week. I went last Friday for the first time. Dropping Hawkins off in the nursery was stressful and tearful enough. Then I walk into a dark room filled with colorful lights and jam packed with people jumping and shaking it. Seriously shaking it. A mix of teenagers and grandmothers were all smiling and dancing away their stress.

I could barely see the teacher from my spot in the back, but I liked it. So I went back today. There is something very freeing about sweating and dancing with a bunch of girls and just letting loose - AND getting a workout on top of that.

Robbie got home from work tonight and I was practically skipping around the kitchen I was in such a good mood. I had gotten out of the house, gotten a little break from the babe, and gotten a workout - score!

1 comment:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

MK does not love (sometimes hates) the gym nursery. But I figure this. The kid's got it good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) because she has me at home with her 99.8% of her life. She can sacrifice just a bit for mama to torture herself at the gym! And we just got zumba too but I've been too chicken to try. Maybe I'll take your lead and go!