Monday, August 8, 2011

Fleming's Birth

Robbie and I woke up Friday morning to a text message from Crisp saying that Katie's water had broken in the middle of the night and they were at the hospital having their baby!

I jumped out of bed and jumped in the shower. We were planning on going to Americus anyway that day, so Hawkins and I drove to Albany early to be there waiting.

I got there at 12:20pm and Fleming Elizabeth Gatewood was born at 12:29pm - I got there JUST in time! Katie did great! We went in to see Mom and Baby and then left to get some lunch.

Here is the proud Daddy bringing in Fleming's bag:

We could not wait to get back and hold her again!
Honey and Big Daddy with their new granddaughter
Sister and brother with our babies
It was really hard having Hawkins in the hospital, so we headed to Americus to spend the night. Robbie swung by the hospital when he left work Friday afternoon and then met us in Americus. He stayed there with H on Saturday and Mom, Dad, Virginia and I went back to Albany to see them again.

This is hilarious - all 5 of us trying to change her clothes!
The Gatewood girls with Fleming
Aunt Nina
Two Aunts!
Honey and Fleming
Precious girl
I am an Aunt!
All three of us
Crisp, Katie and Fleming went home from the hospital on Sunday and got settled in. Robbie, Hawkins and I stopped by their house on our way home. We didn't intend to stay long, but ended up staying several hours! I helped Katie get some things organized in the nursery and Robbie boiled all the bottles!

Hawkins was very interested in the baby and was SO sweet to her! He would point to her and say "Baby" and then lay his head on her shoulder.


Sweet Fleming
Hawkins wanted to check out all the baby gear...
Crisp and Katie are loving their new baby girl and are doing such a great job. I HATE that I am here in Thomasville and can't spend the whole week up there helping them!

No comments: