Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Recap

Last weekend we had a slow relaxing 2 days and actually got bored. Not this weekend! My Mom arrived Friday, and we stayed busy. My Dad went out of town hunting, so I convinced her to come visit us!

Robbie and I went out to dinner with 2 other couples and had so much fun having adult conversation with our friends. {It was also nice not to have to pay a babysitter :) } We went to our local country club and even dressed up a little bit.

Saturday Robbie got up at the crack of dawn to go duck hunting, and I could NOT go back to sleep. This combined with the wine from the night before gave a slow start to the day. My Mom and I played with Hawkins all morning and then went shopping in Tallahassee while Robbie babysat in the afternoon. It is so much easier to shop without getting a baby in and out of the car.

We went to several cute little shops in the Market Square, but Talbots was my favorite. It is so nice to be able to fit into regular clothes again! I got the cutest dress and skirt. I will show pictures in my next post. It gave me the biggest energy boost to look good in new clothes and makes me want to work harder to be fit!

Saturday afternoon we went to a little girl's 3rd birthday party. The theme was princess and everything was decorated so cute. There were alot of older children there and Hawkins loved watching the "big kids". One little boy (who was about 8 years old) LOVED Hawkins and kept trying to kick the ball with him and show him how to play on the swing set. It was adorable.

You would not believe how hot it was. It is almost October! October is supposed to mean sweaters, pumpkins, hayrides, and maybe even a fire - not 90 degree temperatures. Man, I am ready for some cool weather.

Robbie went duck hunting again Sunday morning and we had a super lazy day. My Mom and I stayed in our pajamas until lunchtime! We visited with a friend in the afternoon and then Robbie and I went to an event at our country club. It was a auction for Tall Timbers, which is a non-profit organization in Tallahassee.

This is what I love about Thomasville. A nice group of young and older people gathered on a Sunday night to have drinks and dinner and help a great organization. There was a silent and live auction and they had great items to bid on - paintings, hunting trips, vacations, guns, etc. Robbie had his eye on a hunting trip to Ted Turner's ranch in Montana, but he got way outbid!

It was a busy but fun weekend. My Mom left today :( We are looking forward to having a low key night tonight and getting in bed early!

No comments: