Thursday, September 15, 2011

UGA game

On our way home from Cashiers we stopped in Athens for Hawkins first UGA game! This was kind of a list minute decision, so I panicked trying to track down an outfit for him. Luckily a cute store in Athens, Heerys Too, had just gotten in this bubble on Friday!

My Mom and I drove down Saturday morning and met my Dad and Robbie there. My Mom's best friend from college lives in Athens, so we have always had a place to stay :) We had lunch at her house and then started tailgating! My Mom picked us up and dropped us off, so that was very convenient. Driving in Athens can be a nightmare on gameday!

Hawkins met a bulldog at our first tailgate:

We ran into Hawkins' girlfriend, Miller Anne! They had a super fun tailgate (in the shade), so we hung out there for awhile.

This was my first game in 2 years! Athens is a very special place for me, and I forgot how much fun it is. I always knew I wanted to attend UGA and didn't even have a back up choice for college. Lucky for me it was easier to get in back then and they let me sneak through admissions. I pledged ADPi in 2000 and started making memories and best friends that I still have today. It is so much fun to share that with Robbie and now Hawkins!


Hawkins was tuckered out after his first day of tailgating! Sweet baby :)


No comments: