Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Day in the Life

Erin over at Blye-Eyed Bride wrote "a day in the life" post, and it prompted me to do the same. I love schedules and will love to look back and see what we were doing at one year old.

Here is a typical day in the life of Hawkins:

7am
Hawkins wakes up
He really wakes anywhere from 6:30-7:30am, but we never get him out of the crib before 7, unless he is crying of course.

Robbie or I take him a sippy cup of whole milk, and he drinks it while standing in his crib with sippy in one hand and blankie in the other. Recently he has wanted to hang out in his crib after he wakes up. We can't leave the room or he would cry, but we just stand there and talk to him. This works out great, because once he is out he is distracted by toys and will not drink his milk.

7:30am
Robbie takes H in the bathroom with him while he showers and dresses for work.
I use this time to check my email, get the kitchen ready for breakfast, unload the dishwasher, start laundry, etc. I utilize every second!

7:45am
Robbie leaves for work, and we are on our own!

8am
Breakfast
H usually eats a blueberry waffle, a smashed banana with diced peaches and rice cereal. Breakfast is his best meal of the day!
I have an english muffin with cream cheese.

8:30am
Two days a week Hawkins goes to school, and one day a week we go to the YMCA for my Zumba class. The other 2 days we stay home and I make cheesestraws. We are busy in the mornings!

10:30am
Snack, milk and nap
Hawkins has some cheerios or puffs and a half sippy of milk - we read a book and he goes to sleep

I use this time shower, get dressed, laundry, clean, check email, blog, etc etc etc

12pm
Lunch
Hawkins has a grilled cheese, yogurt and some type of veggie and maybe some baby food mixed together.

We either play or run errands until his next nap. If we are out and he is in his car seat for awhile then his nap is later b/c he has not gotten any energy out. I have never seen a human with as much energy as this child! I wear myself out trying to wear him out so he will sleep.

2:30 or 3pm
Afternoon nap
I give him a snack and some milk and we read a story.
This is iffy. Some days he will sleep for an hour and some days he won't sleep at all.

I give him a little milk in a sippy when he wakes up, and he drinks it in his crib (with me right there). He has a light up fish thing in his crib and he LOVES to turn it on and play for a few minutes after his nap.

I try to get out of the house after this nap. We go to Zumba a couple of afternoons a week or we will get out to Publix.

5:30pm
Hawkins' dinner
His meal varies, but often includes sweet potato or rice cereal, yogurt, tator tots, chicken nuggets, and a veggie.

Robbie gets home in between 6 and 7pm, and I prepare our dinner while he plays with Hawkins.

6:45pm
Robbie gives Hawkins a bath while I cook and clean up all the toys.

7:15pm
One of us gives Hawkins his nighttime bottle (this is his only bottle of the day) and he goes to bed!

Then we eat our dinner, clean up and have the rest of the night to relax!

No comments: