Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall

We had the BEST weekend over in the Raybon household. I don't know if it was the first taste of perfect fall weather, breaking out my new skinny jeans, spending time with my 2 favorite boys or having a great breakfast that you can only have on the weekends.

It was the perfect weekend despite Hawkins having his first stomach bug. He got sick Thursday morning, and we had a low key day to get him feeling better. He seemed fine and back to his old self all day Friday. Then Saturday morning he woke up acting lethargic and fussy and got very sick again shortly after breakfast. Poor baby was so pitiful most of that day. He fell asleep in his Daddy's arms mid-morning and just wanted to be snuggle, which was fine with us.

I left him in his Daddy's care while I sold cheese straws at the Saturday market and then Robbie played golf while we spent more Mommy/Hawkins time together. He was feeling a little better by the afternoon, and we had fun playing.

We decided not to attend church so Hawkins didn't continue spreading this virus around the nursery. It was so nice to wake up and have no agenda for the day. Hawkins drank his milk in the bed with us and then I made my boys a big delicious breakfast. Scrambled eggs, pancakes and sausage biscuits. These were Hawkins' first pancakes and he loved them!

We took a long walk and it was cold! I had to bundle Hawkins up in his new sweat suit and mittens. It warmed up some and we played outside all morning - Hawkins loved every second of it. He is ALL boy and loves to be outside...and loves his red wagon.

He took a great 2 hour nap and then Robbie took him down to Costco while I made cheese straws.

We had all the windows open all weekend and it was glorious. The fresh air is so refreshing to the soul.

I am soooo looking forward to more fall weather and a baby who feels like himself again!

No comments: