Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mid-week randoms

-We have stuck with the one nap a day routine all week. Hawkins has been going down between 11:30 and 12 and only sleeping an hour and 15 minutes. Grrrrrr. That is not enough rest for this energetic little boy!

-I have gotten advice from other Moms that this new routine takes time and he will eventually learn to sleep for a long stretch in the afternoon.

-He starts to melt down around 4:30 or 5 with no afternoon nap. I have tried to keep this under control by planning things for us to do every morning (to keep him awake) and every afternoon (to keep him entertained).

-We have done pretty well so far, but I wonder if I am doing the right thing! Is he really ready for one nap?? He was not even taking an afternoon nap at all, so I do think he is ready. (I would put him in his crib but he would just play around for a hour and never fall asleep)

-Hawkins has been doing GREAT at school. He fusses when I drop him off, but by the time I pass his window going out the hallway he is playing. His teachers say he is doing better and better and barely cries at all during the morning. I wish he went more than 2 days a week!

-I am super busy baking cheesestraws. A local lady asked me to do the gift bags for a wedding in October and she ordered ALOT of cheesestraws!!! I am pumped about the opportunity and the publicity - this is supposed to be the THE wedding in Thomasville of the year. Jenna Bush is coming!

-My super sweet husband dropped Hawkins off at school this morning and I stayed home and baked CS. It was so nice not to waste 30 minutes taking him to school. I got so much accomplished - 2 makings of CS, laundry, shower, prep for dinner, etc etc.

-I ordered a new pair of jeans from the Gap and I LOVE them. I just can't fit my new Mom hips into my old Seven jeans. I have worked out all I can and my body is just shaped differently after being pregnant. I could not stomach buying new designer jeans and then I read a blog that mentioned Gap jeans. I decided to give them a try when I got a 30% email from Gap. They came in the mail last week and I am in love. They are high enough that I can play on the floor with Hawkins and not show any skin, but not too high that they are Mom jeans. They are on the shelf waiting on cool weather!

-I started this post this morning and am now finishing it as Hawkins passes his 2 hour nap mark - YAY!!! Go Hawkins!

No comments: