Monday, September 19, 2011

Nap time

Hawkins decided last week that he is ready for one nap a day. I had heard it would just "happen" around 15-18 months, but H is ready at 14 months. Last Monday was the last day he slept in the afternoon. The rest of the week he would sleep for a long time (1.5 to 2 hours) mid-morning and then would refuse an afternoon nap. I have been moving back his morning nap to 10:30 or 11am and that leaves no room for another nap.

Today we went even further, and I fed him lunch at 11am and then put him down at 11:30am. I am praying that helps him sleep a REALLY long time to have a full belly :)

I have never seen a child with this much energy. He keeps changing and seems so much older. He wasn't even acting tired at 11:30 today! He woke up before 7am and we played and played at home. Thank goodness he has school 2 days a week, because he got really bored here. We had been in every room in the house and played with every toy by 9am. We would have gone to the Y, but I was making cheesestraws. (which is very difficult to do with a roaming toddler!)

He has also taken an interest in being outside. I am so thankful it is getting slightly cooler now, because that is nearly impossible in Thomasville summer heat. We spent alot of time outside this weekend with Daddy. He got a red wagon for his birthday and loves to ride around in it. He cried for it whenever we go through the garage.

Any ideas for other outside toys? I am thinking a water table or a small slide...

I am not sure how I feel about one nap...I miss some quiet time in both morning and afternoon, but if he will sleep for awhile then I know I will enjoy one good long nap too. Let's hope we don't have to do sleep training for this one. He should be worn out!

1 comment:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

Hey lady- get a water table! SO worth the tiny investment! MK is moving that way too. She'll be 15 months on the 9th of Oct. Praise Jesus she has started sleeping until 7, which puts her morning nap at 10. I can still get her a small nap from 10-11:15 but have to wake her up. We have mops on Wednesdays and she is usually fine to miss her morning nap and I try to hold her off until 1pm. Those days she sleeps from 1-4. I could SO get used to that schedule! Doesn't it seem like everytime we get a handle on one stage, they switch it up? Kid keeps my head spinning. Good luck with one nap!