Monday, September 12, 2011

Labor Day Trip

Hawkins and I headed north to Cashiers, NC with my Mom for Labor Day weekend and stayed the whole week! My sister was there for the long weekend and we had so much fun! She left on Monday and that's when the rain came in. The weather was really nasty for 3 days, but we didn't mind.

We lost power in the middle of the night, and I freaked out. I realized that is the first time the power has gone out since Hawkins was born! I was worried his milk would spoil in the fridge and how would I cook his grilled cheese? LUCKILY I had a noisemaker that had batteries and I opened his door and snuck it in the room before he woke up. Is it terrible that he has had a noisemaker since day 1 and he would wake up if he didn't have it?? I sleep with one too, so I don't think it's too bad. *note to parents: always have one with batteries!

It was sooo much cooler than it was in June when we last visited. I wore cardigans and closed toed shoes, and it got me super excited for fall weather!

I would get up in the morning before Hawkins and enjoy a cup of coffee on the porch in complete silence. It was glorious. The view is unbelievable, and it is just so quiet. Mothers just don't get much quiet. Robbie usually gets Hawkins out of his crib the second he wakes up, but this vacationing Mother left him in his crib until 7:30 every morning. Don't worry - he wasn't crying. That sweet baby would wake up and just play around until I went and got him.

These pictures were all taken with the camera on my phone, but they are still stinkin cute.

Mommy and Hawkins having lunch

55 degree weather!

Going for a walk

Out to lunch again at our favorite - Cornucopia

Hawkins first time playing on a playground! They have the nicest, cleanest playground in Cashiers and Hawkins had a BLAST. It wore me out more than him, but really was fun for both of us.

Hawkins in his new Patagonia vest - such a big boy!

This is Hawkins on the way home from Athens totally pooped from the long weekend!

No comments: