Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Vacation

Hawkins and I put our entire house in the car and headed to Americus last Thursday, spent the night, put Honey in the car and drove the rest of the way to Cashiers, NC. My parents bought a house here recently and we are excited to have a cool place to spend a couple of weeks this summer! Thomasville stays at about 100 degrees this time of year and I just can't take it.

We stopped in Atlanta at my sisters' and had a good break for Hawkins to crawl around. It is a LONG trip though, and we had ALOT of junk for our extended vacation. (Side note: Robbie insists I can't call this a vacation since my life is a vacation, but whatever.) It literally took us the entire weekend to unpack and get settled, but it was worth it. Big Daddy came later that same day and we have enjoyed spending time at our new mountain house.

Hawkins loves being with his Honey and Big Daddy. They live up to the grandparent rule and spoil him rotten. He loves his Big Daddy SO MUCH. This, of course, makes me happy, but you will never know how happy it makes my Dad. He giggles with delight when Hawkins cries for him and won't go to anyone but him. It's pretty funny actually.








At some point we (my Mom and I) decided that we would use this time to get in shape. (I need to mention here that my Mom is already in shape, so that means I need to get in shape!). I purchased a workout DVD that a friend told me about and vowed to eat right and get skinny!

Here is a glimpse into my "vacation":

6AM - Hawkins starts talking in his crib
Listen to him talk to himself and pray he falls back asleep
6:45 or 7AM - Get Hawkins out of crib, change diaper and warm bottle
Give bottle to H while facetiming with Robbie
(p.s. facetime is awesome if you are apple users)
Begin the days activities of chasing H around, entertaining him, changing his diaper ~75 times, playing with toys, getting things out of his mouth, etc
Drink coffee while preforming these activities
8:30AM Feed myself and H breakfast
(This sounds simple, but really takes 15 minutes just to prepare this picky child's food)
Pick up 3/4 of the food I fed him off the floor and feed him puffs just to fill him up
Pick up his sippy cup 23 times off the floor after he throws it

Proceed with chasing and playing to wear him out so he will take a nap
9:30AM nap....finally
Clean up toys, throw away diapers, load dishwasher, and clean kitchen
Finally have a few minutes to myself to go to the bathroom and maybe even brush my teeth
Use this alone time to do my new workout DVD!!
11AM H wakes up, change diaper and get him dressed
Give bottle and play for a few minutes
Put H in stroller and go for a walk with lots and lots of hills
Stretch out my tired and sore muscles
12:30PM Feed myself and H lunch
Mimic airplanes and trains to try to get him to eat a few bites of food
Give up and give him trays full of goldfish and yogurt melts and puffs

Pick up his sippy cup 32 times off the floor when he throws it
Proceed with chasing and playing to wear him out so he will take a nap
2:15 or 2:30PM afternoon nap
This lasts 40 minutes to an hour
I use this time to shower and get dressed
~3:15PM H wakes up
Give bottle and finally make an attempt to leave the house and explore this new mountain town
5:30PM Feed Hawkins supper
Repeat sippy cup and puff routine
Play play play, chase chase chase
7:30PM Bedtime for Hawkins!

Anyway...you get the picture. Life with a 11 month old is hectic! He does not stop moving - EVER.

We are having fun on our vacation!

No comments: