Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ten months!

I am way behind on my 10 month post for Hawkins, and I think it's because I am in denial that he is really that old - seriously? I cannot believe that I am planning his 1st birthday party (which is going to be REALLY cute by the way). The saying is really true "The days are long, but the years are short".



Here is what Hawkins is doing at 10 months:

-Saying Mama - alot! He only said Dada for the longest time and can finally say mamamama. I am not sure, but I think he knows I am Mama too.

-We play the game "How big is Hawkins? SO BIG!" He can imitate me and put his hands in the air - so smart!

-He can give high and low "fives". He loves this and laughs when he does it.

-He will copy you when you shake your head back and forth.


-He loves to wave bye-bye. He knows when Daddy leaves in the morning or at lunch that it is time to wave bye-bye. He gets so excited and bounces on my hip while waving and screaming. He has even started waving at night when I leave his room while Robbie gives him his night time bottle (without saying bye-bye).

-He said "Bye" one time, but he has not said it again yet.

-Clapping


-Pulling up on anything and everything

-Cruising! I am afraid walking is only days away...

-He can stand by himself for 5 seconds or so before he falls down.

-We got him 2 walking toys and he loves pushing them around.


-We do not have stairs at our house, but when we visit a house with stairs he can climb to the top by himself!

-He is so curious. He wants to open every cabinet door in the house along with pantry and refrigerator doors too!

-We do not have a playroom, so his toys are everywhere. I bought some cute baskets at Target that makes the mess more manageable, but we really need a playroom! Toys have taken over.

-I have really been working with him eating "real" food. He has a very strong gag reflex and does not like the texture of chunky food. We have started slow with toast (which he loves), bananas, pasta, puffs, etc. I am being patient and continuing to give them to him even though he just throws them on the floor. Beau and Lady quickly discovered they love with Hawkins is in his highchair b/c they are going to get some food!

-He still does well if we eat lunch out. He will sit in the high chair and I always have toys and his lunch to feed him to keep him occupied. I know these days of eat lunch out are about to end...







-He is wearing some 12 month clothes and some bigger 9 month clothes.

-In between size 3 and size 4 diapers. We use 4's for naps and nighttime.


-His 2 top front teeth are starting to come in!



-May has been a very sick month. Poor baby was sick with colds and ear infections almost the whole time.

-He sleeps from 7:30pm-6:45 or 7am. He usually takes his bottle and goes right to sleep, but since he has been sick he wants to rocked and rocked and rocked before he is ready to settle down. We have spoiled him.

-He sleeps on his tummy with his hands under him and his booty up in the air - it is so cute!



-2 naps a day - typically 9:30-11am and 2pm-3:30pm. He has gotten ALOT better with naps, but still has bad days occasionally. I hear about all these babies taking TWO 2 hour naps a day - why can't Hawkins do that???

-We have the best naptime routine. I give him a couple of ounces of formula while his Baby Mozart music is playing, then we read a story. Then He turns around and puts his sweet head on my shoulder and I rock him for a minute or two to settle him down. I put him in his crib awake and he falls right to sleep - usually. So sweet!

-Oh yeah - he naps in his PJs. I don't know how this got started (especially with the afternoon nap), but he refuses to sleep in his clothes. I will try to break this habit once he is only taking one nap a day.


-We took a LONG trip to the mountains this month and Hawkins has hated his car seat every since - understandably. I have to bribe him with a toy every time I put him in it! Hopefully that will wear off soon.


I have to admit I am REALLY nervous about all the changes that are supposed to take place at one year old. Warm formula bottles to cold milk sippy cups....those are big changes!!!!!!!!! And 2 naps to one nap a day? That scares me because I love my time in the morning to shower or get things done.

Any suggestions on how to wean from the bottle?


Hawkins, we love you so much! I can't believe you are getting so big!

No comments: