Friday, June 17, 2011

Robbie's 30th Birthday!

I am way behind in recapping my husband's 30th birthday! This summer is just flying by way too fast.


First, I must explain that Robbie hates his own birthday. He wants no recognition or celebration of any kind. I am (by the way) the complete opposite. I countdown months, days and hours until my birthday and expect it to be celebrated for the entire month of April :) Just kidding...kind of.

Well, I would NOT let his big 30th birthday slip by without a party. I thought and debated on what I should do - big party, small party, cookout, go to a restaurant...? I finally decided in a very small get together at our home - with bbq. This would satisfy me and also make Robbie happy that it was not a big "to do".

Days before his birthday Robbie informed me that he would be traveling to NYC the night before - even better! I made my parents come that Thursday and we got to work on the party. I made personalized cupcake toppers and my Mom made a carrot cake - Robbie's favorite! We got our house all clean and my Dad worked in the yard all day

The highlight of the night was his gift from me - an Ipad! We are behind the times with technology, so I broke down and bought this for him with my hard earned money :) Hopefully we can figure out how to work it!

Crisp and Katie came from Albany and some good friends, Gordon and Dea came to celebrate - it was a small crowd, but fun! Robbie arrived home a little early, but that's ok. He got to spend some time with Hawkins and open a few presents before guests arrived. It was a fun but low key night - perfect for the birthday boy!

(Hawkins is LOVING my Dad these days. He only wants to be held by him and cries when he leaves the room. It is hilarious and of course my Dad it eating it up.)

Daddy and Hawkins

Our family


Singing Happy Birthday to the birthday boys

My Dad's birthday is the day before, so we had TWO cakes to celebrate!

The birthday boy!

Honey and Hawkins

No comments: