Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend recap and time change

If you know me then you know I love to fill up our calendar and take trips every weekend to visit family and friends - but nothing beats a relaxing weekend at home with my family of three.

We have spent the past few weekends in town and it is so wonderful not to have to pack up and drive anywhere. I love spending time with Robbie and Hawkins playing in our yard. The weather has been so nice to be outside. Robbie hung Hawkins' swing and he loves it!

Last night we went to the Brookwood auction that was held at Glen Arven. (Brookwood is the private school in Thomasville.) We started out the night at a friend's house for cocktails and then went to the auction with a small group. It was so much fun! I realized that I have never been to an auction before. We had our eye on a Penley painting and a few other trips and parties, but got outbid each time. The bids started getting higher and higher as everyone kept drinking wine!

Today was slow and relaxing - just the way I like it. Robbie did some work in the yard and we played outside most of the afternoon. And I made cheesestraws - a very productive day!

I don't know what to think about the time change yet...the Raybons were on the old time all day. How do you tell a 7 month old that his schedule is supposed to move one hour ahead? Oh well, we will get the hang of it.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed the beautiful weather!

No comments: