Saturday, March 5, 2011

7 Months!

Hawkins is 7 months old!
These monthly posts are coming way too quickly. Didn't I just do his 6 month post? I guess time flies when you are having fun. Every parent says each new stage is more fun than the last, but I never believed them. I LOVE babies and always thought I would be sad when Hawkins got bigger and started moving around on his own. I was wrong! Each day bring new tricks and it is so much fun.

I will admit that we stayed in the house alot during Hawkins' first 5 or 6 months. I have struggled to find my place in a new town and learn the ropes of being a new parent. Boy have things changed during the past month! We are on the go and out all the time! Hawkins has started going to MMO and the nursery at the YMCA. I hate to throw him around to different nurseries, but he has done pretty well and Mommy needs some time to herself sometimes.

Don't worry - we still spend alot of quality time together.



Hawkins, here is what you are doing at 7 months:

-Your greatest accomplishment is that you learned to crawl! Tuesday night (March 1st) after bath time you flipped over on the floor and took off crawling for your brush. Daddy and I just sat there with our mouths open and luckily Daddy thought to run grab the video camera to capture the moment.

-The very same day your first tooth broke through! It is hard to see in your little mouth, but it is your bottom left tooth. You have been fussy lately too, so teething is setting in!


You are reaching for everything - including Mommy and Daddy! I truly love this. It melts my heart when you lift up your little hands to me. In the morning when Daddy goes to wake you up, you cry for me b/c you know how you will get fed :) If you are on the floor you reach up your arm and it is the cutest thing.


-Daddy put your swing (that Aunt Katie and Uncle Crisp gave you for Christmas) up in the yard. You went swinging for the first time yesterday and loved it!

-You started swimming lessons at the YMCA. You cried a little at first, but quickly turned into a little fish! We go Tuesday and Thursdays for a month. You aren't actually learning to swim, but the idea is to get you used to the water and trust adults in the water. You are doing great so far!

-You are in size 3 diapers and 6 month clothes.

-I nurse you twice a day and you take a bottle twice a day. I don't want to give up nursing altogether, but dropping the 11am feeding has been very freeing. We can be out and about and I don't have to worry about pumping or nursing. It was been wonderful.

-We have our little routine in our household and it is working great for everyone. Daddy helps me so much and I really appreciate him. I don't think any other Daddy does as much as he does! He goes to get you when you wake up in the morning and puts you to bed every night! What a good Daddy!

-You have become quite a handful as you are awake more and on the go. It is so much fun, but it is exhausting! By the end of the day I am worn out and my back has been hurting from carrying you around.

-Who knew Robbie and I would produce a blond haired-blue eyed baby? When you were in the womb I prayed you would have blond hair (and be healthy of course) and my prayers are being answered! You started out a little darker and then had a hint of red, but you are getting lighter and lighter by the day. And your eyes - man, they are beautiful. So big and blue.

-No words yet! We practice by saying Dada and Mama and baba all the time, but nothing yet.

-You still don't love being in the car. If we are going to Publix or just around town you are generally good, but somehow you know when we are going on a road trip and cry the whole way. On Saturday we made the trek 20 minutes away to Target and you screamed the entire way home. We need to invest in a car DVD player soon!
Proof you are crawling!

-You were Christened in our church and welcomed into the House of God a couple of weeks ago. It was such a special day and you were so handsome in your gown.

Hawkins, you are such a joy to be around and I am so glad I stay home with you. I could not imagine being way from you and missing all of your "firsts". I told Robbie yesterday I could not imagine anything more fun than having a child and watching them grow up. Cheesy, but true.

No comments: