Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Crawling

So...last Tuesday night after bath time Hawkins rolled over and crawled to his brush (that he wanted to put straight in his mouth). Yes, that's right - he put one knee in front of the other and pushed with his hands and crawled. Robbie and I sat there dumbfounded just staring. Luckily Robbie thought to grab the Flip camera and took a video that I posted here.

Well, he has not stopped crawling since then. We have been practicing and he is getting faster and faster. He loves being on the floor and being free to go anywhere he wants. It gives new meaning to keeping your floors clean. His white PJs were black in the knees after playtime today.

He LOVES to crawl in his closet when we are playing in his room and find his extra diapers. I guess it proves he already has a memory b/c he does it day after day.

Life has indeed changed in the past 7 days, but I have to admit that it is fun. I put Hawkins down and he just plays around and goes where he wants. I have not technically babyproofed our house yet, but there it not too much he can get into that would hurt him - and I am always a step behind him just in case.

Any tips on babyproofing? I guess I need to get some cabinet locks.

Ok, I guess I need to go mop the floor now.

Hawkins, please wait a few months before you start walking!

No comments: