Friday, July 2, 2010

Nesting

I have heard of this phenomenon called "nesting" that you get during late pregnancy. Apparently you get the urge to clean and organize everything in your house and have bursts of energy to accomplish this task. I have even heard a story of someone scrubbing their shower with a toothbrush (not sure how you can bend over that far with this big of a belly...). Well, I have not gotten the toothbrush out as a cleaning tool yet, but the nesting is definitely kicking in!

We painted Baby Raybon's nursery last week, so we have been busy filling it with precious baby furniture, clothes, diapers, bibs, burp cloths, booties, etc etc. You name it and this child has got it! I have washed and washed getting prepared for this little ones arrival.

Back to nesting - I could not sleep this morning, so I got up at 5:30 and started doing chores. Yes, chores - laundry, folding baby clothes and organizing his closet - not to mention "dustbusting" the house. Robbie got up at 6:30 and thought I had gone insane. He loves a clean house though!

I am 35 weeks today! Wow, that sounds so pregnant. I have GOT to pack my hospital bag! We made one last Atlanta trip last weekend, and I have to say we are pretty ready for the little guy's arrival. I can't wait to meet him!

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: