Monday, July 12, 2010

Getting closer...

Do you ever wonder what it is like to be 36 weeks pregnant in one of the hottest months of the year?

Let me help explain. It's really really hot, and I am really really swollen. I haven't been able to wear my weddings rings in over a month, and I'm lucky if my feet can fit into plain ole flip flops. I was doing so good going to the YMCA a few times a week and walking away stress and lbs on the treadmill...well I can't remember the last time I paid a visit there. My feet can barely fit into my tennis shoes much less walk this huge body more than 20 minutes or so. My feet are not used to holding up all this weight! Oh, and one word for you - cankles. We will just leave it at that.

I am 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant (not that I am counting). It sounds so close, yet so far away. I could still be another month or it could be today! I know it will go by fast, but I just can't wait! This will all be worth it when I met my son.

I have been blessed with such an easy and enjoyable pregnancy, but I am over it now. I can't get comfortable to sleep or move around well at all. I get my best sleep during the day in hour intervals - maybe God is preparing me for motherhood and middle of the night feedings?

Oh, and no one ever mentions how stuffy pregnancy makes you. I can barely breathe, which makes sleeping impossible. When I do sleep I snore Robbie right out of the room - literally. Fun times. Ok - enough complaining. I just want to document these feelings so I remember what it was like to be pregnant in the summer :)

No comments: