Friday, February 25, 2011

MMO

Guest what I found hiding in Thomasville???? Mother's Morning Out!!!

We are {new} members of the Methodist church and they only have a pre-school program, which Hawkins is already signed up for next year :) Well, someone just informed me that another church has a MMO program that I can take Hawkins to NOW!

It is 2 mornings a week for 3 hours for $5 - yes only $5. Isn't that crazy?! It is totally flexible and you can come and go as you want and you don't have to make any kind of commitment. Only volunteer every 6 weeks to help keep the nursery to keep costs down.

We went for the first time this week and Hawkins loved it. I was really nervous for several reasons - 1) I am a paranoid mother and have a hard time leaving him with anyone, 2) it is during his naptime so I wasn't sure if he would fight his nap and be fussy, 3) he has been the cry baby of our church nursery lately, 4) he is used to being at home with my undivided attention and isn't used to a "nursery" setting, BUT he really did great and seemed to love it.

The ladies said he only fussed when he got hungry and it was time for his bottle and they were fighting over who got to hold him!

I missed him like crazy, but I have to admit it was like therapy for me. We went twice this week and both days I went to the YMCA to work out and run some errands. I don't get a daytime babysitter much, so it is just a rare occasion that I have time to myself to do anything. One day I worked out and then came home to shower and it was weird being at home without Hawkins there! I kept thinking I needed to check the monitor like he was napping. Then today I worked out and then slowly strolled every aisle of Publix in silence and it was wonderful. I had time to scour the sale paper and every item I bought was buy 1 get 1 free. I was so proud I made Robbie look at my receipt so he would be proud of me too :)

I practically run to pick him up b/c I have missed him so much, but it is so great to have a few hours to myself. The best part is I really like the place and trust the ladies. It is so clean and new and the ladies are all grandmothers who just want to spoil babies - perfect!

Thank you Lord for showing me MMO and we will be back next week!

No comments: