Friday, February 25, 2011

Hawkins' Christening

Sunday February 20th we celebrated Hawkins' Christening day at Thomasville First United Methodist Church. It was such a special day for us.
I, along with all my siblings and cousins on my Dad's side, wore my Great-Grandfather's Christening gown when we were baptized. I tried to track it down through my cousin, but she told me that it was worn so many times they had to restore it and frame it and it could not be worn anymore.
One of my Mom's friends in Americus graciously offered to hand make a gown for Hawkins as her baby gift. How nice! My Mom bought the beautiful fabric and she made the gown.
She sewed in his full name, birth date and Christening date

We didn't have a room to change in the church so we did it in the car when we got there!


Robbie, Hawkins and me during the ceremony

He was such a sweet boy the whole time!

His favorite babysitter, Lauren, brought him some beautiful flowers!

Our family



A nice couple made this banner for Hawkins, which was displayed in the church

Virginia, Hawkins and me

The whole family - Crisp, me, Hawkins, Dad, Mom, Virginia and Robbie
(Katie was the photographer!)
Hawkins with his Honey and Big Daddy

The church




Such a happy boy!



We had lunch at our home following church. I loved the opportunity to use all of our beautiful wedding china, silver and crystal! It was only our small family, but I wanted it to be nice!

Mom and Dad gave these beautiful flowers in honor of Hawkins at the church and we got to bring them home to enjoy them!

I had mimosa and sweet tea for drinks

Cross cookies

Delicious cake!

We had wild rice and sausage casserole, peas, ham, chicken tetrizini and biscuits.


We are so blessed to be your parents, Hawkins. You are the sweetest happiest little boy and you are a Child of God. This was such a special weekend and we love you.

No comments: