Monday, February 1, 2010

Nursery

I have been looking online and dreaming of our baby's nursery!

Here are my ideas so far:

1 - Crib

I definitely want this crib!!

It's the Jenny Lind Heartland crib in white - only $129 at Babies R Us!

2 - Crib mattress

I am still researching mattresses, but I like this one so far. It's organic and all natural.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3256550

3 - Crib bedding

I want to have custom crib bedding made for our nursery. Nothing too girly or too boyish, but I probably will use pink or blue if we find out the sex. Picking out this fabric will be my favorite part of the whole nursery process!

4 - Chair

We know what chair we want, but I do not know the name of it. We found it the weekend after we found out we were pregnant in Charleston! Then we saw it again in Atlanta and it's the best chair we have seen! It is at Baby Bloomers and I think the brand name is "Best"... It is one of those swivel/rockers with the ottoman.

We need to go look again and pick out a fabric. That chair will be used many nights in our nursery!


5 - Chest

I know I want some kind of antique chest of drawers to put in the nursery. I can picture it in my mind, but I have yet to find it. I really want a one of a kind piece. Will keep you updated...

6 - Changing table

I do not like the changing table that comes with the Jenny Lind crib. It got horrible reviews and looks unsturdy. I like the look of it though with open shelves underneath to put baskets. I think we will just go with a basic white table. Nothing too fancy.

7 - "other"

We will of course need a lamp or 2, a side table to go next to the chair, picture frames/artwork, etc. I think my nesting is kicking in because I can't wait to start buying this stuff for our little baby!


Maybe I will get some of it for my upcoming birthday - "wink wink". For those of you who are curious, my birthday is April 14th and I don't want a single thing for myself - just necessitates for the baby!

I still have lots of other ideas and will continue my "vision" for the nursery!



No comments: