Tuesday, February 23, 2010

16 weeks and Engagement parties!

I am behind posting my 16 week update! Time is continuing to fly by - it seems like yesterday we found out I was pregnant and now I am four months along! I cannot feel him/her move yet, but I can't wait. I hear it happens anywhere from 16 weeks - 20 weeks so hopefully soon. Here is my 16 week belly picture. Wow - it is GROWING!!

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length . Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too.

This weekend we traveled to Albany for several parties for Crisp and Katie. The weekend started out with a brunch and skeet shoot in Plains that Robbie and I helped host. This was followed Saturday night with a cocktail engagement party in Albany. Then to end the weekend Katie's college girlfriends hosted a kitchen shower for her. All the events were SO nice and we had such a fun time.
The brunch before the Skeet Shoot
The Bride and Groom! Virginia, Crisp and me
The whole Gatewood family


Katie's Kitchen Shower


Virginia, Mom, Katie and me
Callie, Virginia, Mom, Katie, Sharon and me



2 comments:

said...

you look so beautiful pregnant! i had a little girl last month - you're in for the most wonderful job in the world!!: )

LyndsAU said...

congrats on your little one :) i love reading about the pregnancy journey of others :) you look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! as far as the wipe warmer goes, i like mine, but if i didn't have one, i would be ok! it's definitely not a necessity but it does warm them but after they are out of it for like 5 secs it's cold! :(