Monday, November 29, 2010

Soaking it in...

I find myself hurrying and hurrying to the next task, next chore, next feeding, next nap and next time for me to have a quiet moment - especially now that Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is fast approaching. Everyone who knows me knows I love babies and have waited practically my whole life to have one of my own. Now I do and he is the love of my life! But I become obsessed with thinking about the next thing on my to-do list and being a good wife and having dinner cooked and clothes folded - I am afraid I am missing out on the best times of having a baby. My baby will be 4 months old tomorrow and is growing SO FAST! Too fast! This is truly my favorite age of a baby (although I know I will love every age), so I want to cherish every moment - every feeding, every burp and spit up and every diaper change.

Also, I don't want Hawkins to be spoiled (like that is even an option!), so I try not to hold him all day or let him just sleep in my arms or run to him every time he makes a whimper. Well, I miss these precious moments, so a few nights ago I gave him his nighttime bottle and he fell asleep on my shoulder. I just sat there for forever and rocked my sweet baby. His chubby cheek was on my shoulder and I just kissed it and held him close and soaked in that special moment. I want to do this more because time passes by too quickly and before I know it he will be a toddler!

1 comment:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

Hey gal~ love this post. A wise man, actually Coach Richt's father, told me that when I look back, I won't wish I had vacuumed more or dusted more often. I would wish I held my baby more. I have found myself doing the same thing, snuggling my 4 month old (LOVE this stage too) and just holding on a minute longer. PLEASE look at this book. My sister gave it to me and it melted me. You will especially love it having a little boy!

http://www.amazon.com/Let-Me-Hold-You-Longer/dp/1414300557/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291168625&sr=1-1

Merry Christmas!