Monday, November 1, 2010

BIG NEWS!

We have some big news in the Raybon household. Before I can post about my sweet baby turning 3 months old or about his first Halloween, I must post about how he SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! That's right - my big boy slept all night. Some people think sleeping 6 hours is sleeping through the night, but not this Mom- sleeping through the night is 8+ hours - preferably 10 :)

I could not have helped Hawkins make this monumental step without the help of Jessica with Sweet Peace Parenting. We have been using her consult services since Hawkins was 4 weeks old and it has been life changing. Babies are so tricky with their schedules and crying and eating. If you remember my previous post Jessica came to visit us when Hawkins was a month old and helped us get him on a schedule and sleeping in his crib. I have been talking and emailing with her since then with changes in his schedule and milestones as he grows and changes.

We were still swaddling Hawkins to sleep and he was still waking up around 4 or 5am to eat. He wouldn't really eat much, so I thought maybe he was just used to that feeding and didn't really need it. I talked to Jessica and we agreed that it was time for him to come out of the swaddle and let him learn to sleep through the night. I had been dreading this so much because I knew he depended on that swaddle to sleep and it would mean sleepless nights for me until he adjusted. Jessica assured me that we (Hawkins and I) could do it and prepared me for what would happen. She said to give it 3 nights and be commited. He cried alot during the night the first 2 nights, but as promised, by the 3rd night he went down at 9pm and didn't wake up until 7am! Robbie and I were in shock! And we were in further shock when he did this the next night too!

We are so proud of him! Thank you Jessica and Sweet Peace Parenting for your help and support!

And we made their website!
http://sweetpeaceparenting.com/?p=153

No comments: