Sunday, March 14, 2010

Keep us in your prayers

I felt urged to write this post about the news we received early this week. I would like to keep this blog upbeat and all about baby, but it is also about our family and this is what is happening in our family right now! I had a regular mole check at my dermatologist and discovered I have a superficial melanoma on my right leg. I was obviously very upset to find out this news, but have learned from a couple of doctors that it should be fully treatable and I (and the baby) will be just fine.

Of course my first reaction was "Why is this happening to me?" and "especially why right now?!" This is the last thing that we need to deal with! But I had to stop and be patient and I realized the Lord has a plan for me and he has taken care of me and my baby. My melanoma is .24mm. Doctors really start to worry when it has gone 1.0mm or deeper, so I am very blessed that they caught it early and can get it out!

We will do the surgery next week in Tallahassee, FL and thankfully they will just do local anesthesia because of the pregnancy. Please keep me in your prayers as we go through this difficult time of selling our house, moving and now this surgery.

1 comment:

katieludlam said...

I am thinking and praying for you!