Friday, November 2, 2012

Counting down...

Only 8 more days before baby #2 arrives!!!

On one hand I can't wait another day to meet this precious baby and on the other hand I am scared half to death!  Will I remember how to take care of a newborn??  The diapers are SO tiny and I hope he sleeps well and do I remember how to swaddle?  Will Hawkins smother him or knock over his bassinet?

Clothes are washed, crib is ready, carseat is found and ready to be put in the car, pacis are sterilized, hospital bag is semi-packed....what is there left to do?  Robbie asked me last night what we had left to do and my list has dwindled down to only one or two minor things.  I should be in the business of getting mothers ready to have babies :)

I find myself just staring at my list of things to pack for the hospital and I just keep staring b/c there is nothing left I can pack until we are ready to walk out the door.

We have really been talking up "Baby Gates" and Hawkins is getting suspicious.  I wonder how he will act when he arrives.  I am sure he will want to hold, hug and kiss him, but then the jealously will come.  I am nervous about it.  I am also nervous b/c he wants Mommy all.the.time.  His favorite phrase is "Mommy hold him", which means pick me up right now.

The Lord has definitely given me a peace about it though.  We have been "practicing" Daddy putting Hawkins to bed for a couple of weeks and it is going really well.  I have still put him to bed a few times, but he doesn't cry anymore when I am not there after bath time.  That is huge folks.  Now let's just pray he lets someone else put him down for a nap...that's a whole different story...he might not nap until I am able to do it again after the c-section!  Yikes!

It is *finally* getting colder here in South Georgia.  You would think this would make me less swollen, but no, puffy hands and feet are here to stay.  I can literally only wear flip flops.

I am just SO excited for Gates to get here.  Fall is probably one of my favorite times of the year and having him here with us will only make it that much better.  It is crazy to think that he will spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with us.  Hurry up and get here, Gates!

No comments: