Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hustle and Bustle

I am trying to enjoy every minute of this Christmas season - even if most of those minutes are being spent behind my cheese straw maker in the kitchen.

I have been baking and selling CS for 3 years now and my busiest time of year is December. I try to prepare for it each year, but this year I had a LARGE wedding order in October and then sold out for Thanksgiving too. I started over in December, but I can't keep up with the orders! I do truly love carrying on this family tradition even if it means my house smells like cheese all the time :)

As a stay at home Mom I don't have the intellectual stimulation of a job in the corporate world anymore. My CS business gives me s sense of accomplishment and it is nice to bring in some small income!

Speaking of being prepared...I have almost finished my Christmas shopping! I have been known to start shopping in July, but this year I think I bought my first gift in October. I LOVE to get started early to get things checked off my list. (I also like to get a deal, which is must easier to do the earlier you start.)

My guest room turns into my wrapping room and it is a MESS. I will halfway wrap a few things at a time. There is paper, ribbon, tissue, etc etc everywhere. I dread but also get some sort of satisfaction from hand wrapping all my gifts. It is time intensive, but there just as much love put into the wrapping as the gift itself.

I need to go wrap a few more gifts now...

No comments: