Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful

This time of year always goes by too fast. I love the months of October, November and December. Temperatures start slowly dropping and air gets a little crisp. I love the colors of the trees and the decorations. I have really loved my pumpkins and have kept them all out for the past 2 months - taking away my Halloween and adding my turkeys.

It is still 85 degrees in Thomasville, so it's been hard to adjust to fall. I did my "closet switch" and got all my fall clothes out, but I haven't been able to wear most of them b/c it's not cold!

I wanted to share some things in this post that I am so thankful for this year:

1 - My sweet baby boy - he is the joy of my life. I am so blessed to be a Mother and for the health of my family.

2 - My husband - he is my best friend and my partner. That sounds really cheesy, but it's true. He helps me with everything and supports me in every way.

3- My parents - they are my best friends. I seriously talk to my Mom 5+ times a day. They are so involved in my life and still give me guidance. You are never too old to be reprimanded by your parents :)

4 - My health - this is something we really take for granted. Having a germy toddler means frequent colds and viruses and I am thankful every time we are all "well" in our household. I am also very thankful to be skin cancer free. I still get checked every 3 months and there have been many moles taken off, but none have been melanoma. I praise God for this.

5 - Being a stay at home Mom - I complain often about the long hours and a whiny baby, but really I wouldn't trade it for the world. We can stay in our PJs as long as we want in the morning and I am always the first to get Hawkins' sweet kisses. Little boys truly love their Mommies. It is hard and there is no salary, but I love being a full time Mommy.

6 - Supportive friends and family - I have grown closer to my "Atlanta" friends after moving away and we talk daily. They know me better than anyone and are always supportive and motivating.

There are so many other things, but these are close to my heart. I am most thankful that I believe in a God that listening to me and cares about me personally. He answers prayers and takes care of me and my family. I encourage everyone to stop for a few minutes and think about your blessing and what you are thankful for this year.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: