Monday, November 14, 2011

15 (ish) months

Hawkins, you are almost 16 months old, so I'd better get going with your 15 month post! (I am a little late)! The best word to describe this month is "outside". If you aren't eating or sleeping then you want to be playing outside!

-I have to start off with the most precious thing you did for the first time today. I have really tried to get you to blow me a kiss, but you have never show any interest. Well, today I asked you to give me a kiss and you promptly put your hands on my cheeks and pulled my face to yours - and planted a kiss right on my mouth! How did you know how to do that?? It was the cutest thing I have ever seen and I will always remember that moment.

-You sleep from 7:30pm until around 7am and take one nap at 12pm usually for 2 hours. The longest nap you have ever taken was almost 3 hours (of course when your Daddy was babysitting)

-You wear 18 month clothes and a size 4 diaper. We just started putting a size 5 on you at night.

-You are the pickiest eater EVER. You will not eat meat (except chicken nuggets). The only thing good for you that you love are bananas. I have started giving them to you at every meal and you love them - can you eat too many bananas? Your Daddy and I eat this cereal for breakfast - Quaker Oats Cinnamon Oatmeal Squares - and you beg for them every morning. Finally I just started giving you those for your breakfast too! You like them soggy out of my bowl with milk! Lunch is still a grilled cheese and supper is always tough. I try to sneak in veggies with baby food b/c you will not feed your self a veggie to save your life. You love all snacks, such as teddy grahams, crackers, cinnamon cookies, cheese-its, etc.

-You drink a sippy cup of whole milk in the morning, afternoon, and night and a 1/2 a cup at naptime. Wait...that's right. We dropped the bottle at night and Hawkins drinks all sippy cups! It really wasn't that hard actually.

-We have our bedtime routine down - bath, milk and naked time, brush teeth, story, bedtime. You love your naked time after bath :) We have just started saying prayers too. You are usually pretty good when we travel and get off schedule, but I have noticed that the bedtime routine makes a huge difference in calming you down for night time.

-You LOVE to be outside. Literally I think you would stay outside all day and night if we let you.

-I guess we sneeze a lot, because you started fake sneezing on your own - we did not teach you to do it! It is hilarious. You go "ahhhh choo" and lean your head back and then throw it forward. It's your new trick and you do it all the time.

-You dressed up like a cowboy for Halloween and wore real cowboy boots and your Uncle Crisp's old vest.

-You saw Santa for the first time in Atlanta and were the best boy!

-You can tell me what a cow, sheep and horse says!

-You LOVE your Big Daddy!

-You love to drive anything!

-Words you can say:

Mama
Dada
baby
cracker = "dar-dar"
Beau and ALL dogs = "bo bo"
Lady = "ga ge"
Honey = "Nu-Ne"
Moon - "Ma"
What the cow says = "Ma"
What the sheep says = "Ba"
What the horse says = "Neigh"
Please = "me"
Thank you = "Da du"


Hawkins, you are the busiest little boy and you keep me moving! You would rather be moving or be outside rather than sleep. You are the light of my life and I can't wait to see how you grow up and change with each new day.

No comments: