Friday, October 21, 2011

Updates

Here is what we have been up to...in bullet form:

-I have slept THREE nights in a row without any sleeping medicine! That is a big deal, y'all.

-The big wedding I am making cheese straws for is next weekend. I have made them every day this week to fill the order. Now I just have to fill each individual bag and deliver!

-My cheese straws will also be in a home store in St. Simons Island starting next week...more on that later!

-My sweet husband grated all my cheese for me one morning while I was still asleep. It was awesome.

-Hawkins and I have had the most fun this week playing outside. The weather was been so great - cool and crisp and no humidity. We really need more to do out there though. I think a swing set is going to be a must very soon.

-I am still enjoying Zumba and am finally down 5 lbs! Only 10 more to go to get to pre-baby weight :) That may or may not ever happen.

-I got my hair highlighted last week in Tallahassee, and I told her I wanted it BLONDE. No one can ever get it exactly how I want it, and it always turns out too dark. Well, she took my instructions very seriously and I can honestly say I have never been this blonde. Not even for my wedding.

-(I went to the same hair stylist for SIX years, and we both moved away from Atlanta about the same time. Her to Peachtree City and me to South Georgia. I have made it up there once in a year, but I have been trying other people since then. I just can't ride to Peachtree City every time I need my hair done! She was seriously awesome. She always got my cut and color PERFECT and ended it with a great blow out. I even had her come to Americus to do my hair for my wedding b/c she is that good.)

-My attempts at finding someone have been unsuccessful.

-Hawkins can point out my nose, eyes, ears and mouth when I ask him where they are (on me). He can also tell me what the cow, sheep and horse say....that is smart!

-We are still working on his naps. Some days they are 2+ hours and it is great. Other days they are only a little over an hour and it makes for a tired Mommy and baby. He sometimes wakes up and goes back to sleep so I always let him cry it out for a while. The rule is that he has to stay in his crib for 2 hours.

That's all - have a good weekend!

No comments: