Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was very different for me than in years past! I was pregnant last year, but this was my first "real" Mother's Day. The meaning of the day changes when you are a Mother.


I have wanted to be a Mother ever since I can remember. I was the little girl with a million baby dolls and strollers and bottles. Now I have a baby of my own - I can still hardly believe it. Hawkins is the sweetest little boy, and it makes me so happy to stay home with him and be his Mother. I just put him to bed and that time of day is the sweetest. He can barely drink his bottle he is so sleepy and then lays his precious head on my shoulder before I put him in his crib. Those are the moments I want to file in my memory bank to keep forever.

My parents came and spent Saturday night to celebrate the special weekend. Hawkins helped his Daddy pick out a sweet card for me and everyone relieved me of baby related duties for the day! It was a nice day to relax.


We went to Thomasville Landmark's annual Derby party the night before while my parents babysat. It was a fun party where everyone wore fun dresses and hats. They also topped the night off with a live band. Well...this Mommy had a little too much fun. I seriously have not had that much fun since college! I am not much of a dancer, but I was breaking out some moves on the dance floor. I don't have a picture of me in my hat, but I am trying to find one...


Here are some pictures taken on Mother's Day:









No comments: