Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beach vacation #2

Well, this beach vacation was truly a vacation for this Mama! Hallelujah, I needed it! My sister doubled as my personal nanny for the entire 4 day weekend. She put Hawkins to bed every night and for every single nap. Hawkins loves his Aunt Nina. He was such a sweet boy - sleeping all night and taking long naps. The pool wears that boy out!

We spent alot of time just hanging out on the back porch looking at the ocean and enjoying the wonderful breeze and swimming in the pool. The horseflys were awful, but that did not stop Hawkins from getting in that pool!

It was so nice to have my family (and husband) there to help with Hawkins so that I could truly relax. I didn't read a book or anything, but I did enjoy the tranquility of the ocean and just sat on the porch and chilled. My favorite time of the day was at 7am outside drinking my coffee listening to the waves crash. I wish I was there right now - minus the sand knats. I also scored us an ocean front room with a balcony, so I got to listen to that ocean in my room too. We had a babysitter one afternoon for a few hours and I spent one of those hours in my bed with the balcony door open just relaxing. It was awesome. It's amazing how times have changed, huh?

My whole family was able to spend the weekend, so it was special treat to enjoy the beach together. We stayed at a friends house on Sea Island and went to the beach club for the first time since they remodeled. Crisp and I both worked Jr. Staff at the Cloister years ago, but everything has changed since then!

Food was also a big part of the weekend, of course. We cooked in all 3 nights and ate better than ever! Hamburgers, fish and beef tenderloin - delicious!

I am sad that our 2 beach trips for the summer are already over :( If anyone wants to invite us for a weekend we will gladly come!!!! Our bathing suits are packed! For now we are waiting for our country club pool to open next week. I have a feeling Hawkins and I will spend alot of time there this summer. I can't wait because the weather is getting hotter and hotter!

You can view all my pictures here: http://theraybonfamily.shutterfly.com/2368

Here are my favories:





























No comments: