Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Laying low

We have been laying low in our household the past week or so. Hawkins never got over his ear infections from 3 weeks ago, and I had to take him back to the doctor last week. Dr. Jones gave him a hug and kissed his little forehead after looking into his ear and said "It's bad - both ears are worse." Obviously the antibiotic did not work. Poor guy! I just knew he was not better. He was still pulling on his ears and not sleeping well - and super fussy. We are on a new antibiotic now, so I hope it works! I want to get this little guy feeling better fast!

We went to a fun birthday party for Sellars and Turner Page on Saturday. It was outside and Hawkins loved it! They had a quilt down on the grass with toys and you would have thought they were the best toys in the world. He played for 2 hours straight and then passed out at home and slept for 12 hours! I wish we had a birthday party every weekend to attend!

The pool at our country club opened for the weekends! We went after church on Sunday and had the best time. I went a couple of times last year when I was pregnant, but it is a totally different experience with a baby. There is no relaxing or even a thought of reading a book, but it is fun. They have a great baby pool right beside a covered area with chairs, so there is plenty of shade when you are not in the pool. They open everyday next week, so we will be back alot this summer!!!

I went to Target yesterday and got Hawkins a few new toys. There are so many fun ones for his age now! I will have to take pictures of him playing with his new walking toy and post them - he looks so big!

No comments: