Friday, May 6, 2011

Beach vacation #1

We have spent the past week at the beach with Caulie and baby Slade in St. Simons. The weekend started out with the Raybons and the Hamlings, but the Daddys had to go home on Sunday to work while the Mamas and babies stayed the week :)

Caulie and I had been planning this trip for awhile and we have been looking so forward to it! We did have a great time, but I have to admit that it is the first overnight trip that I have taken care of Hawkins all my myself - and it was 4 nights! I have been away from Robbie before, but I was always with my Mom or someone that was helping me take care of Hawkins. It is HARD work to take care of a baby alone night and day...let alone a SICK baby. He woke up with a runny nose on Monday morning, which turned into a full blown cold by that night. One day he literally slept 50 minutes (between 2 naps) from 5am to 8pm. I was so tired the muscles in my body just ached...but we were at the beach so it was worth it!

Let's rewind - We arrived Friday night and all went straight to Barbara Jean's for supper. It was delish and the babies did great despite just arriving from a long car trip. Then we settled in the house, put the babes to bed and enjoyed some adult beverages and conversation.

Saturday we enjoyed some time at the pool in the morning and the beach in the afternoon. It was so much fun to be at the beach with Hawkins and Robbie as a family. Hawkins LOVED the pool! It was pretty cold, but it didn't bother him one bit. We spent Sunday walking on the beach and back in the pool and then sadly told Robbie goodbye that evening.

Caulie and I did have a great time relaxing and spending time together. I miss her since I moved to Thomasville! We met in college and were ADPis together at UGA. Things have changed a little bit since we first met in Athens 11 years ago :) We have gone from partying in Athens to changing diapers! Caulie and I lived together our senior year of college in Athens, that summer in St. Simons and for one year in Atlanta right before she got married. We have gone through so many different experiences together and it is so much fun to see our lives change and grow as we are now wives and mothers.

We did not do too much for the remainder of the week - one lunch out at Brogen's North and one dinner out at Barbara Jean's. We had to eat there for the 2nd time because it is so good! We got a babysitter for 3 hours one day and relished in our time away with shopping and ice cream! Can you believe that Caulie had NEVER gotten a babysitter for Slade?? I think she loves babysitters now.

On Thursday morning we packed up and headed back to Thomasville. I have to admit it is really nice coming home after a week away, but we had a great time on our beach vacation!

Here are some pictures from the week:



Hawkins and Slade in matching Bob strollers on the beach Saturday afternoon







Playing in our diapers!







Watching my farm video with my Daddy




I love the pool!










Precious Slade





Playing in the morning




Slade, your foot tastes good










All dressed up for lunch at Brogen's North






Back in the pool with Mommy













Playing in my favorite drawer in the kitchen

Swimming in the baby pool

No comments: