Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I can do this!

I don't know if it's because I was away from my precious baby for 2 days and we are in the honeymoon phase being back together now, but the past couple of days Hawkins has been the cutest baby! He is in the stage now where he laughs and smiles at me constantly. How can you not love a baby who just smiles all the time? Well...he does not smile all the time, but he really does for the majority.

I have been a bit overwhelmed at this new job called motherhood these past six months. It is a 24 hour a day job that you get paid $0 for. I love it, but it is hard. I make sure to let Robbie know this every chance I get. He can't even get "How was your day?" out of his mouth before I tell him how little Hawkins slept and how tired I am. I never seem to tell him the good stuff that happened before I tell him the bad stuff. This is getting old for both of us. I want to be happy and positive towards Robbie so he wants to come home at night! ha! Who wants to run home to a nagging wife?

Well, here we are approaching the sixth month, and I am finally feeling like I can do this. I have almost been scared to leave the house all this time because "it is too hard with a baby". That is partially true, but not really a valid excuse anymore. I have never taken Hawkins to the nursery at the YMCA b/c I am scared of germs. Not anymore! Next week I am taking him and I am finally going to lose the baby weight - hold me to it! I am tired of wearing sweatpants!

This has been a rambling post, but a Mother's brain is always rambling. This season of life is not an easy one with a young child, but there are alot of joyous moments to balance out the hard ones. I have been blessed with a healthy happy baby and I am learning to appreciate that. I am loving this age and look forward to seeing his sweet smile every morning. Hawkins, you are my whole world and bring such joy to my life!

No comments: