Monday, January 24, 2011

Freedom!

Robbie and Hawkins survived a whole weekend without Mommy! I knew they could do it. Of course Hawkins was an angel - he ate and slept like a champ. He didn't even know I was gone. It may or may not have to do with the 2 page typed schedule that I forced Robbie to follow :)

My weekend away was fabulous and included the following: alone time in the car on the looooong trip, visiting some great friends, attending a baby shower for Libby, 2 great dinners, A LOT of pumping, missing my sweet baby and not shopping - and did I mention pumping? I think I scared poor innocent Virginia with all of my pumping. She might never have children or breastfeed after witnessing it so many times.

My only shopping was at Babies R Us. I just had to bring Hawkins back a few surprises. You know my life has changed dramatically when that is the ONLY shopping I did the entire trip to Atlanta. I didn't even go to the mall - that's major!

I have to admit I was expecting a huge reaction from Hawkins when I walked through the door Sunday afternoon - a full 50 hours since I left him on Friday. I wanted a huge smile, some giggles, and a hug...but he just sort of looked at me funny and then looked back at Robbie like "Dad, why is Mom back?" He and Robbie totally bonded during their man weekend and he is goo goo over his Dad now. He just kept smiling at him and not looking at me! Things are back to normal now that I am the one feeding him :)

It was very nice to have some time away from Mommyhood, but I am glad to be home with my baby!

2 comments:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

you are giving me hope to get up the nerve to leave MK. My biggest fear has been b'feeding and having enough milk to last me a few days. But it seems like everyone in the raybon house survived beautifully. Good to see it's possible ;) And I've known VA since we were 5 years old. She'll always be my sweet, innocent, Savannah friend who wore bloomers until 8th grade :)

Frances said...

I have stored up my milk by pumping every single morning after his first feeding. I don't want to increase my supply too much so I only do "extra" pumping at this time. We also supplement 1/2 of his night time bottle with formula. I was against it at first, but it has really helped him sleep through the night. He has never had "straight" formula, but 4 oz formula and 4 oz breastmilk in the nighttime bottle. I nurse all the other times during the day, but he was not getting enough at night and we had to use the bottle to make sure he was taking in enough to make it through the night. So that morning pump plus the night pump means lots of extra milk! I have a whole section of our freezer full of milk. It makes it easier to leave him when I have to. Hope this helps!