Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Punta Cana 2012

Our little family of 3 was lucky enough to accompany my family again to Punta Cana this year! We went last year for my Mom's birthday and decided to go again and even stay longer this time...a whole week!

It was a last minute trip and was perfect timing with all we had gone through in 2011. Robbie has never taken that much time off work, but he needed it.

I went into a frenzy trying to pack up our Christmas stuff and get out our bathing suits, but we were so happy to get there and relax! The weather was amazing and the house is so wonderful. Friends of our family own the house and allow us to use it while they are not there. They have a full staff that cooks and cleans, which truly makes it a vacation!

Hawkins must have been excited about the trip b/c he woke up at 4:30am the morning we left and never went back to sleep :( Then he slept in the car the whole way to the airport taking away any chances for him sleeping on the plane! My great plan with Benadyl did not work!

He was a sweet boy though and it was not too bad. Here is Daddy and Hawkins drinking coffee and milk watching Mickey Mouse on the ipad:

The weather was around 80 degrees there and we ate outside for every meal. Here is Hawkins eating his supper on the top balcony.

My brother and sister in law were not able to come - boo! We missed them and sweet Fleming! My best friend Sarah came along with my sister and parents.


Our drink of choice - home made lime daiquiris!

Hawkins and his Honey
He loves "This little piggy"...
We had a different table setting every night!
Mommy and Hawkins

Hawkins even had a playmate - John! They are only 6 months apart.
They loved playing trucks together.

The men smoking cigars
Hawkins and Aunt Nina
My sweet big boy

He loved playtime in the pool with his Daddy

The staff could not believe how much he had grown from last year!


"hot!"
"Peek-a-boo"
My Honey really makes me laugh!

He loves to put on our shoes and walk around
Hawkins with Rosa (John's Mom)
The Girls - Sarah, Frances and Virginia
(daiquiris in hand!)
Hawkins with his Honey and Big Daddy

My Aunt Say-Say loves me!
The flight home was rough...really rough. It was delayed and we didn't land in Atlanta until 11pm. This little guy was tired!

Here is what got us though the first hour on the plane....Wendy's chicken nuggets and fries!

No comments: