Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Prayers for the new year

I am not "into" New Year's resolutions. It is always the same every year - lose weight, workout more, be nicer, eat healthier, branch out more etc...and by week 2 we have all forgotten about it anyway.

This year I wanted to share some of my prayers for my family and myself for the new year.

For Hawkins:

-I am praying for his health. I pray he continues to learn and grow according to schedule and stays my healthy happy baby boy.

-I am praying for his attitude. He is starting to throw some tantrums and has hit some children at the Y, so I pray he stays as sweet as I know he can be.

-I am praying he starts learning right from wrong.

-I am praying for his eating habits. He has always been the pickiest eater, so I pray as he gets older he eats a bigger variety of food - healthy food!

-I am praying for his friends - current and future. Honestly, he does not have that many friends right now, so I pray the Lord brings him cute fun friends to play with as a child. More so, I pray for his future friends as he gets older - ones that are a good influences.

-Currently, I am praying for his sleep. He is getting 2 more teeth and they are keeping us both up at night!

For myself:

-I am praying for patience. I get frustrated very easily with the every day life with a toddler and I don't want to do that. I want to enjoy every day with my child and just be in the moment.

-I am praying to be a good wife - to listen to my husband when he gets home from work and cook him home cooked meals every night.

-I am praying to be healthier. Ok ok, I know is one of the popular resolutions, but I have really let my health slide recently. I need to eat better!

-I am praying for our future children.

-I am praying for my attitude. I pray to be more gratful and less jealous.

-I am praying for my anxiety. I get so uptight about things that it ruins events for myself and others. I need to just chill out and relax about Hawkins' schedule.


No comments: