Monday, January 30, 2012

Catching up...

We returned from a family vacation last weekend. (For some reason it has taken me over a week to write this post!)

We took the same trip with my family last year taking Hawkins and there was not a doubt we would take him again. It always seems like such a good idea. "He will love the beach and the pool. There will be plenty of family there to help watch him. Surely he will sleep on the plane."

I laugh at myself thinking those things.

After the plane flights and the week of chasing him around a un-childproof home, I have decided I will never travel by air again with my child(ren) until they are over the age of 10. Enough said.

Our little family is going through some serious detox this week. I miss someone cooking for me and doing my laundry and Hawkins misses someone holding him 24/7 and seeing his Daddy during the day. He is still crying every single time we put him down at night or for a nap. He does eventually fall asleep, but makes sure to cry really hard first.

He woke up sick today to top thing off.

I am still washing clothes and trying to get back to normal. Thank goodness for Hawkins' school! He loves every second and I do too!

We made some great memories and I am so grateful for the vacation, but I am so glad to be home :)


Here are some pictures to recap our week:

Hawkins has never taken a paci, so when I find old ones around our house I think it's hilarious that he pops them in his mouth!
Here is my sweet angel on Saturday morning. Daddy went duck hunting, so we had a Mommy/Hawkins morning in the bed watching Mickey Mouse.
His teacher sent me this picture from the school playground. He was pointing to birds in the sky!
With is new truck his Grandmama and Grandpa brought him - he loves it!

No comments: