Friday, January 22, 2010

12 weeks

The first trimester is over!! I can't believe how time has flown.

Here is my weekly email I receive about the baby's growth and development. He/she is the size of a lime!!

"The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce."

I love getting these emails on Fridays - it makes my day. FYI - one week it will use "him" and the next it will use "her". They just alternate to avoid using "it". Enjoy reading about how our little bug is growing!

Love,
Frances

No comments: