Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Life

I really want to do a post on Christmas, but my pictures are still on my camera...I just haven't had the time or energy to put them on my computer.  Lazy, huh?

In the meantime let me update you on the past month.  Gates is almost 2 months old, and he is such a big boy!  We went to the doctor for a sick visit last Friday and he weighed 12 lbs and 6 oz!  We had planned to go to the mountains for New Years, but Gates got a terrible rattly cough and we decided not to go.  My parents still went and we stayed home.

What resulted was the most wonderful "staycation" I could have ever imagined.

First of all, we live with my parents so it was like playing house being here just our little family of four. The first day I was fussing up and down telling Robbie he better plan a day trip for us b/c I stay in this house all day everyday, so I didn't want to just sit around for 4 straight days.  Well, each hour went by and before we knew it the vacation was over!  I never got bored.  Not ever for a second.  I actually....relaxed...if you can believe that.

Robbie helps me more than you an imagine.  He is clean and organized and he COOKS...really well.  He cooked waffles for breakfast, grilled a delicious turkey for lunch and made the most amazing collards, pork and hopping john for New Years Day.  I was sad to see the long weekend come to an end.

My sweet baby boy is 8 weeks old today.  Wow, what a few weeks can do.  A week and a half ago we threw in the towel on nursing and he has had bottles ever since.   Poor guy just could not get the hang of nursing and he was hungry 24/7 - therefore he would not nap AT ALL and was crying all the time.  I gave it a good 6 weeks to get better, but it was just getting worse.  I am still pumping so he is getting about 1/4 formula and 3/4 breast milk.  He is SO MUCH happier with his bottles.  He is drinking about 4 or 5 oz per feeding and taking naps like a champ.  He is just so content now it's like he is a different baby.  Mama is happy too.

2 month post and Christmas post coming soon!

No comments: