Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful

We have had a CRAZY past few weeks in this household.  Our schedules have been thrown to the wind and everything has been up in the air.  I am a creature of habit and routine and when that is taken away from me - I panic.  Full on panic mode.  I have tried to stick to the schedule, take back control from my toddler, and create some peace back to our lives and I am reminded to take things one day at a time.

The Lord answers my prayers, but it might not be today.  It might be tomorrow.  I have to be patient and just deal with today.

After the past month I have realized I am thankful for so many things - here are a few:

-My child sleeping all night

-My child falling asleep and taking a nap...even if its only 45 minutes!  I cherish every second to lay down and rest myself!

- My child staying in his crib and not climbing out!

-Safe travels for my family.  My husband travels 30 minutes to and from work every day and every night I am so thankful he make it home safely.

-Health.  Hawkins got a minor runny nose this week, but even that made him cranky and he had to stay home from school.  When you get used to having peace and quiet all morning it makes for a loooooong day to entertain your toddler (by yourself) for 13 straight hours.

-Did I mention peace and quiet?  I love it.  I don't mind music, but I even hate to have the TV on.  I just want to listen to the silence b/c it is few and far between!  I was lucky enough to go to Albany on Tuesday to get my hair done and have the whole afternoon to myself.  It was glorious.  I walked the aisles of Target and Toys R Us and then got my hair done and loved every minute of being by myself.  I need that every now and then.

-Electricity!  Our power went out with a bad storm the other day from 5pm until 2am and it was awful. If it hadn't been so dang hot it might not have been so bad, but is was so hot.

-My sweet baby boy #2 who is currently kicking up a storm!




No comments: