Thursday, April 14, 2011

Atlanta Trip

To say I had fun on our Atlanta "vacation" is the understatement of the year! I worried about it for weeks wondering how Hawkins would sleep in the pack'n play and nap in the car, but he did better than I ever imagined.


Robbie and I left Thomasville last Thursday after work and headed to Atlanta. Hawkins cried for 2 hours and slept for 2 hours, so I thought that was a bad start to the weekend! We arrived at Amy and Quincy's house around 10:30pm and moved in for the weekend! Hawkins went right back to sleep (after a little bottle and some rocking by Daddy) and slept all night!


Amy and Quincy were SO nice to let us stay with them all weekend and basically move our house to theirs. They make everything so comfortable and we feel right at home! Hawkins LOVED playing with John Quincy (who turned 2 on Monday!) and I loved holding sweet Southern! Makes me want a little girl!


Friday Robbie went to work in his Atlanta office, and I went over to visit with Libby and sweet 5 week old Gardner. It was great to catch up with her, and Hawkins got a chance to crawl around after his morning nap (in the car). Then we met Robbie for lunch at Goldberg's before we paid a visit to his old office, Croft and Bender. Robbie loved showing off his little boy! Robbie went back to work and I headed back to Amy's (while Hawkins took his afternoon nap in the car). This left me waiting for him to wake up in Amy's driveway for 45 minutes, but I didn't mind! Anything for a good nap. I had a fun afternoon visit with Amy while our little boys played.


We ended the day having a super early dinner with Robbie's parents and brother, Bryan, at Houston's. This is a tough time of day for Hawkins, but he did pretty well. They were glad to see Hawkins and he got some love from his uncle and grandparents. We had to get back to put him to bed by 7:30pm, so it was an early night!


Saturday we had a leisurely morning at the Evan's house. Hawkins and John Quincy sat side by side in their high chairs and had breakfast together in their PJs. So cute!



The weather was gorgeous, so we had a nice lunch and then rode around looking at all the pretty houses and yards while Hawkins took an afternoon nap in the car (again!). We went over to Virginia's and she babysat Hawkins while Robbie and I had some time alone to shop and run errands. Virginia had not seen Hawkins since his Christening and he has changed SOOO much in those 6 weeks. They had fun playing together all afternoon.


Virginia babysat again Saturday night and we went out to dinner with Amy and Quincy. We went to Haven in our old neighborhood. It was so much fun to have a night out with great friends!!!! I wish I had a picture...


Sunday we went to visit with Bryan again and he really enjoyed seeing his nephew crawling around. Then we met Va and my parents (who came through Atlanta from Highlands, NC) for lunch at Zoe's Kitchen (my fav!). We sat outside and Hawkins loved it! He flirted with the little girl at the table next to us and didn't fuss the whole time.


We ran into Miranda and Marty there and I loved seeing them!!!!!!!!!!!! What a small world.


Then Robbie and my Dad headed back to South Georgia and the girls stayed in Atlanta. We were sad to see them go, but we had fun staying on our vacation a little longer :) Sarah came over to play with Hawkins and then she and I went out to an early Birthday dinner at Portifino!!!! We drank wine and stayed out late for a Sunday. Those kind of dinners are JUST what this Mommy needs to relax and have some girl time. Thank you Sarah for treating me to such a wonderful dinner! Hawkins slept great at his Aunt Nina's house!


Monday Virginia took the day off work to be with us, but we all went into her office for a dermatologist visit. She loved showing Hawkins off to her co-workers and me and Mom got in our much needed doctors visit. He took 3 moles off me, but more on that later.


We had lunch at Fresh to Order, but Hawkins was not having fun. He was ready to get down and play! He did take a nap on the way to Libby's and we spent the rest of the afternoon at a playdate with so many of my girlfriends and their precious babies. Caulie was there with Slade (5 months), Holly with Will (1 year), Katie with Samantha (2 years) and Annie (7 months) and of course Libby with Gardner (5 weeks). SO MUCH FUN!!!


Here is Hawkins and Slade:




It was so much fun to see old friends and play with their precious children.


Hawkins and Gardner:

Monday evening Virginia Sullivan and her sister came to play with Hawkins and then we ordered from my favorite place, Chin Chin!


We left Atlanta early Tuesday morning and headed to Newnan to see my Grandmother, Dee. I dropped Hawkins and my Mom off there and I went to Peachtree City to get my hair done. (My hairdresser moved from Atlanta and I just HAD to have her do my hair - no one else can do it like her!!!)


Hawkins was the sweetest boy at Dee's house and she loved spending time with him. They played and strolled and waiting on Mommy to get home.


Dee has this chair (below) at her house that was her Mothers. You would have thought we gave Hawkins 10 cupcakes to eat he was so excited to sit in it and play with it!


No hands!


So proud of himself!


Then we drove to Americus and spent the night before we headed home to Thomasville Wednesday morning.


We had the best time and can't wait to visit Atlanta again soon!

No comments: