Tuesday, April 19, 2011

29 and 2

I had a birthday last week, and it was fabulous. I LOVE that my birthday is in April. My day is always associated with sunny weather and flowers starting to bloom for as long as I can remember. Everyone is excited to get out their spring dresses and ready to start eating outside. I had phone calls and texts from great friends and many many Facebook birthday wishes - you've got to love Facebook on your birthday!

Robbie is the BEST at surprises and he treated me all day on the 14th. He woke up early and fed Hawkins while cooking me a delicious breakfast. He stayed a few minutes longer before he went to work and came home a little early to cook me dinner! He is the sweetest husband - AND he gave me the best present EVER!!!

Two years ago Robbie and I decided to get married four days after my birthday. Why did I do that?? Well, it was because I wanted to get married in the spring weather that I love so much, but I do not love that my b-day and anniversary are so close together! They are 2 very special days and they just run together for me.

We did have the most picture perfect weather for our wedding day and I would not change that for the world. I didn't even break a sweat taking our pictures outside that afternoon, and it was cool during our reception.

Robbie and I went out to dinner this past weekend to celebrate both occasions. We stayed in Thomasville and learned that there really are not any super great date places here. We went to Sweet Grass Dairy first for wine and cheese and that really was fun...but they close at 8pm, so we went to Jonah's (b/c Glen Arven was closed for an event). We love Jonah's, but it is definitely not a romantic place to eat. Regardless, it was fun to spend some quality time with my husband of 2 years.

We have been through quite a few obstacles and life changes since our wedding day, but I know they have made us stronger. Job changes, melenoma, selling and buying a house, moving, pregnancy, baby, new friends, etc, etc. I could not imagine doing it with anyone else!

I am one lucky 29 year old woman this year!

No comments: