Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mom's on Call = LIFESAVER

http://www.momsoncall.com/

I had to do a separate post on this awesome company/service that is based out of Atlanta. Two nurses in Thomasville are trained by them and offer their services locally. One of the women was my nurse one night in the hospital and I loved her. After Hawkins was having his crying fits and we were at our wits end I heard that she would come to my house and teach us about basic newborn care, schedules, feeding, sleeping, etc. I signed up immediately and it was a life changing evening!

She came over for about 2 hours and had typed out a notebook with Hawkins' schedule and lots and lots of tips for getting him to fall asleep on his own. We also got a book from Mom's on Call and a special swaddle blanket. We tried it that night, and he is a different baby! We are following the schedule to a T! He is still fussy sometimes when he goes down to sleep, but is learning to fall asleep on his own - which is AMAZING!

I never thought he needed to sleep so much, but he is so much more alert and peaceful when he is awake now. If you are a new parent and need help with scheduling, feeding or sleeping or even just basic newborn care - call Moms on Call! The nurse's name in Thomasville is Jessica White.

No comments: