Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hawkins - 4 years old

Dear my sweet baby boy,

I can't even believe I am writing this post.  How can you be four years old?!

You have grown into the biggest boy.  It sounds so cliche, but I swear you where still a baby when I had Gates - then I turned my head and you turned into a big boy!

You have lost your sweet baby cheeks and you have outgrown loving Mickey Mouse, but you are still my baby.  You are stubborn and can be very manipulative to get your way, but then turn around and tell me I am "the most beautiful girl in the world".  Melt my heart.  You also love to tell me "You are the best Mommy in the world."

Three and four are tough ages.  I love that you are old and smart enough for me to have a conversation with, but you can also talk back to me!  We still do time-outs and even "go to your room" when you act up, and try to save spankings for really bad things.  Parenting is not easy!

You just started the 4 year old class at Covanent.  They call this "real" school and you even have homework!  Gasp.  You don't love to sit still and do work like that, but we are practicing.



At 4 years old:

You are the most outgoing person I know! 

You can write your name.

You know your numbers 1 - 30 on flashcards (not in order).

You have been potty trained for well over a year.

You love to snuggle.

You love when I pull sheets or towels out of the dryer and cuddle up in the "warm things".  

You switched from Jake and the Neverland Pirates to Ironman and Ninja Turtles.

You do not like to share with your brother.

You would rather snack all day than eat meals.

You are a negotiator.

You weigh 42 lbs and are all muscle.

You wear 4t clothes and size 10.5 shoes.  

You do not nap anymore and you go to bed around 8pm.

You do a short quiet time when Gates take a nap.  

You have been sleeping on the floor between your two beds…I have no idea why!  

You LOVE your "Bo Bo"  















I just have to include this picture...

No comments: