Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Robbie's surgery and the stomach bug

A few Mondays ago started off at 6am with Hawkins throwing up in his bed, and I should have known then it wasn't going to be a good week.  Tuesday I had the stomach bug, Wednesday Robbie had it and Thursday Gates had it too.  The stomach bug is a nasty tricky little virus.  It leaves you helpless and drained and aching.  You kind of forget how awful it is until you have it again!

Robbie's reflux surgery was scheduled for Friday, and we went ahead with it thinking the bug had left our house.  Robbie's parents came in town Thursday to take care of the boys while I was with Robbie at the hospital.

Robbie did great in surgery and had to spend Friday night in the hospital.  I went to pick him up Saturday morning and on the way back we got a call that Rick was throwing up.  That left Vicki to babysit 2 busy little boys, so I put Robbie in bed and Vicki and I took the boys out of the house.  Rick quarantined himself to the guest room :)

By midnight Vicki was throwing up too.  Can you believe it??  That was not any ordinary stomach virus.  I loaded up on cleaners and scoured our house.  Luckily Robbie was doing well and was not just laid up in the bed.  He felt like moving around - just slowly b/c his stomach was really sore.

This post is way behind, so fast forward a few weeks and Robbie feels great!  He has to eat really slow and take small bites, which has lead to losing 15 pounds!  Maybe I need to get this surgery…..

No comments: