Monday, May 13, 2013

Gates 5 months

I am a MONTH behind, but I still want to document my sweet baby at 5 months old.  

This was Gates at his 4 month doctor appointment, but it was about 3 weeks late, so he was almost 5 months.  


He WAS sleeping through the night until he got a nasty ear infection.  He was up screaming most of the night for a week straight and then would just wake every couple of hours wanting his paci or Mommy to rock him back to sleep.  This lasted about 3 weeks until finally we had to start over our sleep training :(  






He slept in his bouncer seat for almost a month because his ear infection was so bad he could not sleep lying down.


This was me and my sick boy at the doctors office.


 Snoozing during the flying Easter bunny!


He was up screaming the entire night before Easter morning, but he was excited to see what the Easter Bunny brought!


Easter 2013




My little bunnies


The day after Easter I packed up the boys and we headed to St. Simons Island for spring break 2013.  It was slightly different than college spring break.  I went with my friend Caulie, who has Slade (2 yrs old) and Coe (6 months old), and my friend Libby, who has Gardner (2 yrs old) and Banks (8 months old).  It was CRAZY, but so much fun.  

Here is Coe and Gates.


Hawkins reading to the babies


Coe, Gates and Banks


Gates first time on the beach!


Hawkins and Slade LOVED each other



My little helper




We left for that beach trip on a Monday from Americus and when we came back on Friday we went home to our new house in Albany!  Robbie had been working that week to get boxes unpacked and it was so much fun to get home and see what progress he had made!  



Anyway, back to Gates.  After I knew he was healthy from the ear infection we had to cry it out for almost a week.  He was a stubborn little boy.  He is still not guarenteed to sleep all night, but most nights he does.  He is the sweetest angel, but he loves his paci and he loves his Mommy to cuddle him.  Who can blame him?  :)


His room in our new house is upstairs, so his middle of the night wakings became that much harder.  After a week or so of running upstairs several times a night I finally had to play hard ball and make him cry it out.  




Side by side of 2 generation of Raybon boys








In bullet form here is Gates at 5 months:

-He loves to sleep with his paci in his sleepsack.

-During the CIO he started sleeping on his tummy and loves it

-He just started getting in the exersaucer but isn't quite sure if he likes it

-He LOVES his brother and laughs and laughs at him

-He rolls over from back to tummy

-He wears size 3 diapers and can range in his clothing size.  B/c he has so many hand me downs from Hawkins I just kind of grab what looks like it will fit...anywhere from 9 months to 12 months!  

-He takes 5 bottles at 7, 11, 2, 5 and 7:45 - 6 oz each.  

Now on to his 6 month post...

No comments: